Department of Justice

Interjurisdictional Support Orders (ISO)

Interjurisdictional Support Orders (When One Person Lives Outside the Yukon)

The Interjurisdictional Support Orders Act
The Interjurisdictional Support Orders Act [184KB ] (ISO) has created a process for a person who lives in the Yukon to obtain or vary (change) a support order when the other person involved lives outside the Yukon. This process can result in a support or variation order being made in the other person's jurisdiction without having a court hearing in the Yukon.

Please note – ISO does not apply to support orders under the federal Divorce Act, or where both parties live in the Yukon. You should consult a lawyer if either of these situations applies to you.

How does this process work?
If you want to use this process, you must complete a package of forms. When you complete the forms, you can send them to the Family Law Information Centre (the "Designated Authority" for the Yukon.) The FLIC office will send them to the designated authority in the jurisdiction where the other person lives. The court in that jurisdiction will consider your application and the evidence of the respondent (the other person) before making a support or support variation order. It is important to note that not all other jurisdictions have this law in effect, so you may need to provide the court with additional material. Please contact FLIC for more information about reciprocating jurisdictions.

Which forms do I need to use?
If you are not sure which forms to use, read the Introduction and General Information

Where do I get these forms?

Forms and Guides

You can also obtain the package of forms by:

  1. Mailing your request to:
    FLIC Office
    Court Services
    Box 2703 (FLIC)
    Whitehorse, Yukon
    Canada Y1A 2C6
  2. Picking up forms at the FLIC office in Whitehorse:
    Ground floor
    Andrew A. Philipsen Law Centre
    2134 Second Avenue
  3. Phoning FLIC:
    Toll Free in 867 area code:
    In Whitehorse and outside the Yukon:

Additional Canada-Wide ISO Information

What information do I need in order to complete the necessary forms?
To assist the claimant/applicant in completing the package of forms, each form has a corresponding guide that describes the form and explains what information is needed.

Where do I get the Child Support Guidelines?
The Federal Child Support Guidelines are rules on how to calculate the amount of child support to be paid.

We recommend that you have a lawyer assist you if you wish to make an application using the Interjurisdictional Support Orders Act [184KB ].